Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Simple Family Tree

A lot of people curious and asked me how could my mum and myself be away from home on CNY Day 1, I said why not ! I’m the second generation leh. My dad emigrated from China when he was 18 years old, left behind all his relatives in China, whom I've never met. My mum pula has 1 brother and 1 sister in Melaka, and they don’t keep in touch with each other….. so there goes my simple family tree – just my own siblings, brother/sister in law, nieces and nephews sahaja, I kinda enjoy this simple relationship though, less ‘family politics’ …. When I was in standard 3 or 4, the teacher taught us how to address uncle, cousins, saudara-mara etc. The chinese addressing is different for relatives from mum and father’s side, most of the kids already knew this well, except me – I kept forgetting who was who, so rojak for me then…..slow learner plus not applicable in my family mah. So, CNY for me – the most important one is reunion dinner on New Year Eve. The rest , either I sit at home watch TV days and nights, or meeting friends and some reunions …..This year, my hectic reunion, makan, chit chat, and games sessions are scheduled on this coming Saturday and Sunday ....may be have to apply leave on Monday to rest then :)

No comments: