Monday, February 07, 2005

A friend of mine

Met her in high school, back then, I respected her for getting a part time job after school or during weekend – very hardworking and ‘kuay’. She worked in those Chinese wedding dinners to serve drinks, wines or beers. She’s a tall girl, but hor, her body tak balance, with her 5’ 8” height, she only wears shoe size of 5 or 6, her gravity is not good. This actually caused problem to her, she can’t go trekking or mountain climbing or do some heavy duty exercises which rely heavily on legs. After high school, both of us went for American Twinning programs in a private college, so we carpooled to college everyday for 14 months. Back then, I was driving my family car, old Honda civic, no radio, no music, air-cond no good, rusty car – when rained – we had to face the flood inside and outside the car, horrible !! We’d to saved cost as education fees very mahal, so most of the time, we packed 2 slices of roti with planta margerin for lunch, imagined we were eating roti in front of rich kids, I think sometimes we ended up makan roti at the lorong outside those classrooms (pai sek mah) ! We passed by Kampung Penchala everyday, went thru the narrow road, via the orang asli reserved area from Damansara to Kepong. We even eye-witnessed Sey Hoy Chan first project /first phase in developing Bandar Utama leh. Yuh, if only we could knew that this place is a gold mine now, we would have dropped our University dreams, and channeled the education fund in property investment hor ! Today, that area is declared as PJ Golden Triangle, come back and take a look, U'll pengsan seeing its development. So, we ended up in different universities, I was in Missouri, and she’s in Lousiana, Lafayette ( betul tak ?)… Still remembered all the Chee Mui and herself at Subang Airport sending me off to US, she injured her leg, balut her leg and limped to airport ( somemore she’d to leave for US a week after me leh). Back then, I always wished to pay her a visit in Lousiana via Greyhound bus or a cross-state train – but too bad, I never did – missed out the golden opportunity … would be fun hor traveling in a bus for > 12 hours and full of African American … this sweetie is now settling down in Dallas. I’m so glad things are working out well for her !! From my view, I think 2004 was a good year for her as well, as she and her hubby got their statuses, a new home, a better job in terms of exposure and traveling, hopefully compensation as well hah, also not forgetting those super duper unbelievable cheap massages in China :P – and yes, she is same shoe with me now, cannot afford to spend lavishly on massages. Her strategy should be to make her hubby the masseuse lah ..

Closing, I try to blog things happening to me, as remembrance in future, when I read back, I’ll know what had happened today. It also plays another role – allowing me to re-think, re-treasure events or people who’ve came into my life ….as I recall, I blog them (though I'm not good in writing and expressing – but tak kisah lah), I get to re-appreciate, re-connect to those wonderful people and beautiful things which stepped into my life. Next, it’s also a good way for my far far away friends to keep in touch with me :)….so, dear – think about ‘blogging’ yeah !! Happy Chinese New Year , hope you have a reunion dinner, remember to call home ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooi... Si Bahija..Gong Xi Fat Choi.

Still enjoy reading your blog:-) Knowing someone know me so well, and cherish the relationship. 20 years of knowing each other and still keeping in touch and knowing you are doing well...