Monday, February 28, 2005

Last day of February …

Hmmm, this month, unconsciously I’ve blogged a few posts on some men who walked past my life….this may be due to the lovey dovey February month :P

I consider myself a very lucky girl, surrounded with lots of good people. Today’s topic, allows me to share another dream I've been hiding :) -

a) I’ve extended invitation to my American host family to visit Malaysia ( many times for many years lioa ) – finally last year – they agree to visit Malaysia only to attend my wedding – my special day. According to them, waiting for this invitation is like asking when can they get a grand child ..

b) Yaya missed out all her rubber trees’ weddings ( that would be > 10 weddings ) , yet she told me, if I ever send her my invitation, she will be there for me …..so touching…travel thousand miles to share the joy with me , the same goes to Janice and my Uni best friend

c) Mr. Soon To Be GM – I treat him like my big brother, he’s started a saving account where he saved the ang pow money for my wedding, and it has been accumulating compounded interests for years. So, yearly, he will ask me when can he officially close this account..

d) Uncle Luke , Mr B, Tuan Hajis and other uncles - they are sincere and concern for me

e) Lastly, my family members who love me and closed friends who wish the best for me ..

So, I just have this thought that if one day, when the right timing comes and I get to share the rest of my life with my partner, what kind of wedding ceremony do I wish for ? Hmm, ok, this is my version. It will be on a Sunday morning – just 2 hours …..here’s the agenda :

Arrival of my guests in an air-conditioned small hall / ballroom ( remember my family tree is super simple , so hope my partner’s side is not complicated and open minded lah – and with some close friends, in total, it will be a small simple event )

a) 11 am – 12 noon – Blessing ceremony , exchanging marriage vows, then tea ceremony to respect the elderly, end with a prayer for all the people who shares this special moment with me

b) 12 noon – 1 pm – enjoy sumptuous buffet lunch – free seating – guests get to choose where to sit, to mingle freely ( may be background with my/our favourite soothing songs )

Me – the so called bride and my groom – shall be able to walk around – enjoy and share this joyful moments with people who loves me/us, cares for me/us …. ( those who is not sincere, don’t bother to come, or hopefully I’m smart enough not to invite them)

If the financial is OK, may be just state a rule to my guests not to bring gift / ang pow……or if they do, then all the gifts and ang pow money collected – shall be channeled to the charity – this would be meaningful, for me and for all my honorable guests.

Then, later of the evening, hope to catch a flight out to nowhere for honeymoon, that’s it.. No need to have chee mui, heng dai, bridal car, and all those ceremonies running around town under the hot sun, which is stressful and tedious (to me lah)….. Some may ask, why still need this simple ceremony then ? Because I still want to share this joyful special day with people I care and I love – it’s like receiving their blessings … and most important, I wish to capture photos with them, as sweet memories forever. (hey, I've already have a few guests on my waiting lists for years lioa). Now, I can dream of this whatever way I want, it is a challenge to sell across this wish firstly to my so called partner, hope he is someone who thinks alike, then the in-laws. The end of the day, I just wish they understand that Marriage is between me and my partner, and we should be given the utmost preferences of how we want to run it, and not to please others ….my special day mah :) …. Oh, lovely dream , hahaha …

1 comment:

Kancil said...

Don't forget to invite me!

Some suggestion here:
A few musician playing violin, viola, cello and piano during your ceremony.