Thursday, December 23, 2004

Taking a test !

The Daily Bread’s topic on Dec 22 was ‘small spark, big fire’ … it means :-

One careless word can be a spark,
Igniting anger into flame,
It can destroy relationships …

Words can’t break bones,
But they can break hearts.

Ringgit, while driving home, this message came to my mind. It was meant for me, not for your bonnie lah …

My weakest point is being impatient. I used to lose my temper easily, and said things which hurt my loved ones or friends deeply. This has been one of my major focus to improve or to get rid of. I tried golfing, yoga or meditation, as well as taking some temple’s drinks. I see improvements on myself thesedays, as I don’t get stress out or angry easily, may be aging plays a role here. Oh, I also learn from watching Amazing Race, those couple who fight and lose temper with each other – will not perform well …people don’t like to be scolded anyway, must respect others …

I know I’ll be put on test soon !! I’m nervous here, writing this down is to anticipate and remind myself to be calm and be cool …. Just within this week, 4 person said that I’m a ‘nice person’ ….Bahija, pls pls pls, I don’t want to destroy this nice image …

I’m organizing a family trip to Langkawi next week. This trip is a total screw up at this point …I hate myself for being stingy, trying to save cost. Now, a nice free and easy trip is put in jeopardy ! aiiii ….. My family will have to wake up super early at 5 am, spend half day do nothing in Penang , then take 2 hours ferry to Langkawi, skip some sightseeings, also waste a lot of time and more $$$ trying to patch things up within the short schedule, and a lot of other inconveniences. Thinking of it now is a total disasters, a nightmare… It will not be a pleasant trip especially traveling with young kid, I can imagine those negative moments :(

Gosh, I’m prepared and expecting grievances. However, I pray and demand myself to keep calm throughout the whole trip, when things go wrong, please handle well with care, don’t lose temper …be cool and happy …remember – it is suppose to be a fun loving memorable family trip. Don’t do something or say something to ignite the fire ! Apply the inner peace thingy I’ve learned so far, and pass this test !!! That’s all I ask from myself … and end this 2004 with a memorable trip - i hope !!

Mel, Anita, Emily, Benji and Mum – I’m so sorry for this lousy job – please forgive me !

No comments: