Friday, December 31, 2004

My 2004

Looking back at 2004, it’s a wonderful year for me and most of the people around me …I’m listing them – for me to remember, to cherish later ... This year, I started my ‘goal’ list – things for me to achieve not only for my own benefit, but for my loved ones as well. I scored 7 out of 10. This is awesome !! The other 3 shall be carried forward :).

I wouldn’t be here at today, at this level, without the support and endless love from my family, especially my dearest mum...though one of my ‘hope’ was recently destroyed, and I’m writing this with heartbroken mood instead of super happy mood. Nevertheless, my focus on family connection in 2004 - is rated ‘A’.

Family Connection
Mum completed her scan and confirmed healthy, no cancer…truly a great news. All family members showed their support and TLC ( Tender Loving Care ).
The power of family is indeed a force to reckon with :). Glad that she made a pleasant trip to Hong Kong visiting TaiLoh, TaiSoh and her grandkids …

Lucky me, I visited HK and USA twice this year, managed to spend more quality time with TaiLoh’s family and Emily’s. This ‘out of sight, out of mind’ thingy really effective lah, human needs to spend time and effort to nurture ‘relationship’ … I’m indeed glad I had that chance this year to do more ….

I went hiking, roller skating with Kevin, Marco and Janice. Listened to the Tai’s orchestra (violin, piano and guitar). Listened to their secrets, enjoyed their laughs, hugs and actions. Also ate a lot of yummy food, spent the most expensive seafood dinner in my life so far HKD 2000.

Glad that Emily met a ‘kuai yan’ – introduced her a designer job in LA, so she quit her long hours restaurant job, moved from super ‘ulu’ Bishop, started her new life again in March. I was extremely pleased to be there with her sharing her good news. Thrilled to meet her twice this year, we made a trip to Santa Monica beach and Mexico Tijuarna. The trips was fun because we got to talk to each other and built the relationship….we got closer! I also celebrated Benji’s birthday, home alone with him – watched DVD, ate popcorn, cuddled each other, had wonderful chit chat, played computer games together, put him to bed, enjoyed being a baby sitter, why --- the connection time was superb, a good night kiss, a hug with smiles from him - my heart melted liow. Also, most important, he remembers those valuable time ….and he asked about me, he ‘think of me’ , hahaha

Lalalililatappong, teddy bear, mum and myself spent relaxing time at Kuantan cherating beach during CNY. Teddy bear hardly traveled outside of KL, we had to make a lot of adjustments having him around, people kept saying why so mah fan brought him along…..My stand was – yes, mah fan, but still ‘do-able’, don’t give excuses, after all, leaving him alone at home every time is not good, so kesian ! ….So, we made it – we enjoyed the relaxing trip. Hey, Teddy bear sun-bathing at the beach leh ….don’t play play :)

Met with Louise and Gary. They still look the same. We had great fun time visiting Napa Valley, Reno, Roseville. I enjoyed their company so much. It was really blessed for having them with me for that short duration! ---This was not planned at all, it just happened on the spot, I called this “durian runtuh”. I’ve thought of them often, always thinking to visit them in Wisconsin … Now, this wish is realized.

Bro-in laws, both started their own businesses. Hope they enjoy what they are doing, and earn well. Mum’s grandkids – all of them do well in their studies. Smart family , hehehe.

Lalalililatappong depressed once, so frustrated with work ( just like me back in mid 2001 to mid 2002 ) … we were glad she finally got thru that difficult time and switched to a new job. It is still not an easy job, but at least she smiles J

Teddy Bear is 38 years old this year. We celebrated his birthday at St. Paul’s church during the Social Day gathering. Paster also did a prayer and blessing for him. He gone thru some changes. He shed off some 3 KGs ( small but great achievement for him and from us la ). He doesn’t get mad, super moody and lose temper thesedays. This is a great blessing. I wish this last forever, please please reduce his fits frequencies …pls pls pls, it’s such a torture !

Connection with friends and my fun trips
March - A fun short cold trip to New York with Taipoh. First trip with her, she is a cool, calm, brave and adventurous lady. Being bahija, I was again aggressive. Explored NY in 3 days ( free and easy ), so tired, but I was happy, because I managed to visit all the places I wanted to go, thought it was a fast visit.
I jetlag and watched ‘Phantom of the Opera’ at the Broadway The Majestic theatre. Visited Rockerfeller center, Ground Zero, Statute of Liberty, MET, famous Central Park, United Nation HQ, Wall Street, Manhattan etc etc --- details – let me blog this in my Travelogue later

June 3 – 7, whole team 10 of us , made it to Mount Kota Kinabalu. We reached the submit on June 6. This was not a kiddy work. We hiked 16 hours in 2 days.
6 hours first day, 10 hours second day….The last 1 KM towards summit was like unreachable, I stopped for deep breathing every 3 steps. It was really a mental game …. Very very very the ‘san foo’, but being able to hit the submit, overseeing the whole world ( well, just Kota Kinabalu lah ) – the feeling and view were magnificent ! My thought was – we were so small as compared to the world, nature ….don’t sweat over small stuff , be happy, enjoy nature, treasure life ! The key thing I want to stress from Mt KK trip is that , we the team of 10, got closer, we started with 1 month of training – such as jogging, climbing stairs at Batu Caves, hiking in Bukit Melawati, it was such a joy, went thru the whole training, got connected, and spent the 4 days in Kota Kinabalu, of course there were some ups and downs along the journey, but all of us gone thru the hard time together, we were stronger, and had a sumptuous 'Heng Kong' dinner at Seremban :) - again, this I need to make an attempt to blog the details …..It only happened once … we are planning for breakfast at summit on 06-06-2006

Oct 16 – 24, Egypt tour with Ringgit, Anti-Ringgit and Miss Peace. Wonderful, exciting trip covered Cairo with nice relaxing Nile River cruise. A lot of stories and things happened to me personally, shall detail out in my travelogue later.

PL - my best friend, buddy in Uni time, we went thru a lot of great bad and sweet moments together…she got married, migrated to AU ..I’m happy for her ! I’ll come and see you one day, don't be a stranger !

Yaya – stayed in USA for > 10 yrs, applied PR for numerous times, FINALLY, this year, she got hers. Luck seem to be with her now, she settled down in TX, bought her first house, may she enjoys her home sweet home…..

Janice is engaged. She decided her path to migrate to Taiwan. It’s a difficult decision for her and her family. I wish her the truly best. Though I’m losing another buddy whom I can talk to.

Rotitelur and BoBo got married !! happy for them starting a new life chapter ..

Taipoh made her dream to Hawaii. HT and family moved from X to Y, Y to Z - bravo, I respect HT's courage - able to pursue her dreams !

Others
Watched Irish Riverdance performance (Panggung Budaya) , The Lion King (Orpheum Theatre) , Saturday Night Fever (Panggung Budaya), Phantom of the Opera (musical and movie version)

Extremely lucky – things happened at the right time, first time traveled in Business class. Durian runtuh on top, upgraded to First Class….. geee …what a wonderful trip

One of my US xi foo retired, this was an opportunity for me in many ways …

I hardly read books. This year, I managed to read more ... broke record completed ‘Da Vincci Codes’ in 3 weeks ( that was due to my traveling, a lot of time at airport). During my July depression, somehow it ended positively. I read some nice books – ‘The Monk who sold his Ferrari’, ‘Follow your heart’, ‘Purpose driven life’ …started ‘Daily Bread’, ‘Experiencing god day by day’ and picture bible ….need to find more time to enhance this reading habit ...

Throughout the year, many many helping hands reached me. As I called them ‘kuay yan’ … I’m happy for that. Even the smallest thing one does for me, I do appreciate. Eg, an email to pass me an useful contact, a Hello call, helped with my yahoo photo descriptions ……and many many more …. A warn TQ to all !

Dec 17, broadband streamyx was setup at my home. Great news for me, more flexible for me to work from home, and support throughout the wee hours

Lastly, had a busy December, great birthday dinners and companies, and nice family Christmas dinner.

Dec 31, My whole family went to visit my late-daddy @ Nirwana this morning. I wished Dad happy new year as well, and silently asking him to bless for Emily, may she finds her happiness soon … Just came back meeting with my ex-colleagues, some are my friends already, happy to see them !

The negative part would be ‘sense of accomplishment’ in my work is not there – and in 2004, I chose to shut off my mind on this topic.

Initially thought of ending this year with smiley face and count down tonight …. But the tragedy on 26/12 – make it so ‘cloudy’ ….

What an exciting year for me. Wishing all Happy New Year 2005. God blessed.


No comments: