Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas greetings to Louise and Gary Hansen

Hi there. I decided for a change this year. Instead of sending you christmas card and photos, this year we recall some sweet memories :)

This is dedicated to both of you – my extended american family.
One of my exciting event for 2004 – was to meet with you face to face in FM. I remembered very well the last time we met, was 8+ years ago in Warrensburg, Missouri. It was a cold winter, both of you drove 2 hours from Jefferson City to attend my commencement ceremony.

In March, I was nervous on the way to fetch you from Sacramento airport, why ? hey – I’ve not met you for 8+ years, and you were going to stay with me for 3 days … would there be a gap between us ? what to talk to you about, what to anticipate ? There were some worries despite the overwhelm joy of having both of you. Besides the multiple flight delays and heavy snow storms – to me, your visit was so fruitful and blessed ! I received all the updates that I’ve missed for 8 years, hahaha..great job ….good story tellers !

We had great fun enjoying each other’s company, under the California’s sunshine. I wish to spend thanksgiving or Christmas with you , then we could bring back the histories and laugh at them during the sumptuous meal … this is a do-able wish though, just don’t know when ?? Don’t be surprise, a special Santarina could knocked on your door !!

Anyhow, some highlights of the memorable things that I miss or vice versa :-

Things that I miss :-
* My Chevrolet car – Gary and Mary Jane’s son helped me find the best car in town – for USD2500. I gained my ‘legs’ and FREEDOM !!
* Met Roxy, the lovely faithful dog – she was a cool black sweetie
* Baked my first apple pie – the ugliest one we’ve ever seen ..
* Gary’s yummy fresh homemade tomato sauces, salsa, spaghetti sauces and the most delicious spaghetti ( till now, I still cannot find one restaurant that can match his standard ….. I truly miss it so so so much )
* My cozy comfortable country style room ( in Jefferson City )
* The fun trips travelled along with you to Virginia, Wisconsin, Chicago
* The Harley Davidson’s ride along the breezy mountain roads
* The pheasant and deer hunting experiences, and a walk into the mini jungle and some fruit plantations
* A visit to the African American’s church – great choir with excellence voice – fun to see 1 white, 1 yellow skin creature among the blacks – can imagine ?
* The confusion and fun time from our differences in language, culture, upbringing and thinking
* Prepared Chinese stir fried rice, eggrolls for you and guests
* Meeting all your fun loving friends and family members
* Drove Gary’s big big van (that is how I called it …it was really huge for me)
* Snow, white christmas, christmas tree, Louise’s piano songs, warm air from chimney, the nice aroma smell from burning sandalwood or other woods Gary collected and chopped from his yard – oh , I am depress now at this point :(

Things I don’t miss :-
* Being naked in the gym’s sauna room – I’m too oriental, haha. It was such a horrible experience. I don’t know if I could do this another time. Some friends told me to enjoy hot spring or bath house in Japan. One has to be naked ….gosh :(

* Meatloaf or steak dinner – too meaty….though the beef tasted fresh, better and sweeter than those in my country, but given a choice, I will skip …
* Tornado night – so scary …..
* Fleas bites – I had horrible bites all over my body. So itchy. Louise also had to sprayed the whole house to remove the fleas - nightmare…fleas in my body, my hair …disgusting !!

Can you recall all these ? Are these good topic during your christmas dinner this year ?

Louise and Gary, it is truly a blessing knowing both of you !
Merry Christmas , have a wonderful celebration – ‘Think of Me’ !

Btw, Phantom of the Opera movie version is showing in the theatre now, not as good as the musical, but worth the effort and time to watch, enjoy the lovely songs !! ( ‘Think of Me’ is one of them …)

Love you always - Kim

1 comment: