Friday, December 17, 2004

The Gift of Family

I read ‘daily bread’ before I go to bed, it is a nightly task. Tonight's topic is ‘The Gift of Family’ – the fifth of the Ten Commandments says :”Honor your father and your mother”.

Guess, this is another synchronicity or a message from God to me … Today went out lunch with 2 close friends from work. Our topic was ‘family’. Both friends are having some family problems, their younger siblings are not independent, and don’t show respect or care for their parents. They are working adults but still depend on parents for financial supports, selfish, self-centered and always take things for granted. Their behaviour caused depression on parents and family arguments.

I, on the other hand, told my friends humbly, that my family members are all independent, we respect each other and help each other whenever possible. Come to think of it, I just want to say ‘god blessed’. Again, I’m grateful....We should treasure the special bonding between us…and cherish each other !

Wish my friends can settle their family problems soon – it is not an easy task. I don’t know how to help, other than prays for you.

Seize each moment we have to love and honor our families. The opportunity won’t last forever !!

No comments: