Thursday, December 23, 2004

Be happy for others !

Back in July, I was experiencing depression. It wasn't that severe. It was more like the normal up and down cycle that one has to go thru once a while.

See, I kept saying 2004 was great year. Things happened to me for reasons. I went thru the depression by reading some books, and attended counceling sessions - so lucky yeah , got to attend free counseling sessions. It was about managing Emotion Quadrant (EQ). I learned, I gained my inner peace of mind .....

Today, IQ alone is not sufficient, or will not bring one to success. One needs to manage the EQ as well. Those includes our soul, our body and our spirit. When one emotional needs are frustrated , it will caused psychosomatic illness such as insomia, asthma , migrane, suicide etc.

I learned from the sessions on how to maintain high EQ. Our body produce a 'happy hormone' called Endorphins , which has the most positive effect among hormone produced in the brain, make many of our organs healthy. When they are secreted continuously and spread to the whole body, the body becomes healthier.

For High EQ , one shall gain Endorphins thru :
1. Feel Well ( peace, joyful and rest well )
2. Has stronger immunity
3. Be positive, be happy
4. Be thankful

5. Exercise

Example quated by the therapist was : " when your friend got promotion or buy big car, you should sincerely congratulate friend, and share the joy, instead of being jeaous, felt bad, talk bad behind, as doing so, it won't bring any good to you ? learn to be positive, optimistic, with open heart, share the joys, and the good things may flow to you as well ... "

Well, my comment on this is - I usually don't feel jealous when others are doing good, because I believe in those who work hard, deserve their shares. But being human being, sometimes we are tempted to the dark force - and be an evil ..... :). I've been trying to be happy, be positive and maintain high EQ as far as I could .....at least my mind constantly remind me to do so .... Even my name 'Bahija' is 'happy' in arabic :)

Today, my secret agents told me a few un-announced promotions ..... I felt great and happy for their achievement ( sincerely ) .... so, my thought now is - hey, I master my EQ well eh ! If I sincerely happy for them, will the good things flow to me soon ? wahahaha ....what a dream !!

1 comment:

Ringgit Me said...

Stephen Covey said in 7 Habits that we must have "Abundance Mentality". That means there is enough for everyone.

But I am weak and find difficulties in accepting this abundance mentality concept :P