Sunday, January 09, 2005

Closer to you

I’m still a free thinker. I always thought if I do good, don’t hurt others, I’d be ok. My family does not talk about religion. I was brought up to think of how to make things better for myself, my family and to some extend - my friends. Very much ‘self-centered’. I do things for my own goods, for my own benefits or related to my circle of concern. I’ve read the book ‘Purpose Driven Life’, when I finished the chapter which talked about christianity and the missionary topics, I took a step back. To me, it is so task oriented ... I feel that it’s a huge commitment to accept Christ, to be a Christian, to allow god to be with me ….. I left it there …

My last visit to a church was December 2003 in Penang. The sermon was related to Missionary. This morning, I visited a church in USJ, co-incidence, it also talked about Missionary. Should I believe that god is trying to explain something to me ?

OK, I listened and comprehended. The group did the missionary in Tapah Orang Asli village, with their family, young kids and youths. It was a good sharing. I think missionary is a good task now, one should be proud of, to reach out and touch others …. this is like living life beyond our own boundaries …. Besides ME, there are many things I could do or contribute to make a difference, at the same time, uplift my inner spirit. I suppose one of the purpose of life - is to share and grow. Through reaching out, one can find a better meaning of life. I just feel it is a waste to come to this world, besides serving my duties as daughter, sister, a good law-abiding citizen, wife and mother ( not yet la ), then trapped in materialism – and felt empty, lost in life sometimes …… I’ve been granted lucky stars all along, let’s see what magic I could do next …..

2 comments:

rotitelur said...

This world is your temporary home. God did not create the world as such. He created the world out of Love. I truely believe the world God created was perfect and His Kingdom at the heaven is prefect. If you believe in Christ, you will live in the Kingdom. My faith is very much driven by this hope. Set yourself free to enjoy his love. His love is free. All those rules that He set is for our good and it is our act to show Him our love to him.

Anonymous said...

Hey, kimmikanuyi here...i just read mystic_grey's blog....oh gosh...she also mentioned about 'missionary' work. Her friend went to Kenya, and she herself also considering this ....hey, is this month a missionary awareness month for all churches or what ? so kiew ???? brrrrrrrr ....