Thursday, January 06, 2005

Aging

Story goes like this ...moons ago, I started using Apple Itunes, and wanted to purchase songs online from Apple Music store. One of the way is via pre-paid card, and only people with US credit card and US billig address can buy the pre-paid card. So, I asked my sister to buy one for me. When she scratched the 16 digits pin codes, she told me the number 'T' could be '1' or could be '7' ...I was blurred, what was she talking about ..so we actually debated on this, sort of had a mini arguement over the long distance phone calls (frustrated mah) ! After a few tries, she gave up. She said she'd returned and asked for refund. Tapi tak jadi, of course lah, the card was scratched, as good as used! Luckily the store assistance helped her to read the pin code, and I finally managed to redeem the value, bought my songs. Case closed...

Till a few nights ago, I took out the new pre-paid card she bought for me. I scratched, then only realized what had happened to her. See, the pin codes were well printed. Eg XX1GTV7U , no way we can read it wrong. I realized my sister is having 'old sighted' or lou fah ( dunno what it is in English). Luckily, brought her to eye doctor for checkup and bought new spectacle.

Reflected back to the time where she and myself both talking on the phone, trying to figure out the numbers, gosh ....had a good laugh.

Then, my mind started wandering, gee ...I'm not that far to that stage leh ...kinda scary. I don't feel old now, I'm feeling young, like 20's ...hahaha. Don't know how it was like when lou fah reach me ..... errrr

So, the thought now is - I should go try to do whatever I want to do, while I can still afford to do so .....last year, my main focus was hiked Mount Kota Kinabalu. I'm afraid I couldn't hiked to the summit when I'm old. Hey, mind you, I'm not an outdoor person, I hate mosquitos, leeches, sun, scars. Somehow the strong desire just came to me, because I wanted to taste, to experience how is it like to stand on top of the summit, overseeing the mini world ....boy , magnificent. To me, one has to go thru the journey to experience. It is different.

Now, what should I do ....been thinking of diving. Then an email invitation came from a hap sap loh, ...so kiew yeah , co-incidence ..diving trip is offered. Hmmm, may be this is another sync for me to go out to sea, try discover the underworld. ( of course, I'll make sure Tsunami is stable first )

Anyway, I hope to put some effort on maintaining my health , so that I can do more things even when I'm aging ....haha


1 comment:

Ringgit Me said...

Everyone I know seems to be talking about their age these days! Another syncronicity? Brrr...