As I'm reading Doktor Cinta's blog ..... this message came to me. Doktor Cinta - hmm, u may want to consider 'pastor-ing' - wuahahahaaha :P
A Word To Singles
Commit everything...to the Lord...and He will help you. - Psalm 37:5 NLT
When you meet that "someone special," here are 5 questions you should consider:
(1) Is the relationship based on honesty? The Bible speaks about, "Telling each other the truth" (Eph 4:25 CEV). Relationships thrive on openness and trust. When deceit creeps in, it's time to get truthful in a hurry, or call it quits.
(2) Can you be yourself? Paul writes, "Each of us is an original" (Ga 5:26 TM), and "Let's...be what we were made to be" (Ro 12:6 TM). If you feel like you constantly need to reinvent yourself or walk on your tiptoes, you're in the wrong relationship. Wise up! If they disapprove of you now, do you seriously think marriage will improve things?
(3) Is either of you possessive? The Bible says, "Love is...never jealous" (1 Co 13:4 CEV). If one of you can't make a move without the other's permission, it's a red flag, back off!
(4) Have you established physical boundaries? If the relationship ended today would you regret your level of involvement? You may know that the Bible says, "Run...from sexual sin" (1 Co 6:18 NLT), but do you understand why God says He made sex as a commitment specifically for marriage? And why it can otherwise leave you feeling "used?"
(5) Do you plan your time together? Without a specific plan it's easy to get more physically involved than you should. That's why it's good to agree up front as to your boundaries. Listen: "Commit everything...to the Lord...He will help you." Lasting relationships always put God first - always!