Sunday, April 03, 2005

Qing Ming

This year the Qing Ming season is super crowded. We had done this for the past 8 years, there weren't many people/crowd at 6:30 - 7 am. Mum pre-warned us that this year super busy, thus we left home at 5:30 am, and still caught in slow moving bumper to bumper jam, all the way from Jln Semenyih via kampung road to Nirwana Memorial Park ..... hmmm, i can think of a few reasons :- a) Economy not so good, people eager to make their Qing Ming pilgrimage, pay respect to the dead in order to wish for better future, b) Nirwana is enjoying good business, that many people mati and buried there, c) The Chinese value family gathering more, take this as an opportunity to meet together - this morning scenes were like multiple picnics - super riuh-rendah.

The actual day is April 5, Tuesday, 1 week before and after, people can go Qing Ming. So, at this moment, we are the one who polluted the environment by burning all sorts of 'paper offerings' such as nokia phone, BMW, house, maid, mahjong, USD, passport, air ticket etc etc ..... I don't quite agree with the ways / things people are doing, but I have no right to comment....My Penang boss gave me a joke that some foreigners bought those paper items home as sourvenirs, we were laughing out loud and said 'choy choy choy'.

I QT with Father Lord, asked for my excused for missing Sunday Service today, to pay my respect to my daddy....

No comments: