Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Farewell to the soft toys ...

2 years ago, I went to Eldorado State Fair in Eldorado County. Uncle Billy Bob played a few games, and won 4 lovely soft toys , they were very cute & adorable. He gave all of them to me. Bahija is not a 'toy' person, of all the gift you can think of, please please don't give me doll or soft toy. Since the toys were so adorable, I decided to bring home, imported them all the way thousand miles, to donate to the orphanage. Today, I finally achieved the goal - my IT department is organizing a charity donation. All I did was to import them from KL to PG, the toys will find their sweet owners pretty soon ..... after all, that's what they are for, to make someone happy, smile while carrying / playing with them :)

Watching CNN on Pope John Paul II's funeral information, and saw thousand of people queuing since 5 am, long long queue just to witness or pay respect to Him. Hmmm, sometimes, i wonder also, we, human, seem to do things after someone past away, or seem to appreciate things when they are no longer exist. Being ethutiastic, spending whole lot of time just to see Him - wouldn't it make more sense if they would also do some good deed - channel those energy, time into helping others or making someone's life better - instead of just hours of long queue, then see Him, sad a bit, then go home - what's diff does she/he make ? just my 2 cents ...

No comments: