Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Dancing ....

When I'm feeling down or unhappy ...the easiest way to uplift myself is to watch a comedy movie - have some good laugh. While watching movie in the theatre, that short moment is like a paradise to me ....forget about problems, things that upset me, or things that bother me.....

Weeks ago, I need a comedy desparately, but tak ada .....so settled for a Romance movie - 'Shall We Dance' by Richard Gere, Jennifer Lopez and Susan Sarandon. The story line was normal, but I enjoyed the dances. Wow, J Lo can dance well. It somehow related well to me .....

Brought me back to Uni time, second semester - I was a junior, the advanced or more difficult classes were taken by the seniors .... and since I need to fill up my General Studies subjects, I enrolled in American Ballroom Dance. My instructor was a nice old lady. We had a good mix of female and male, and students from various states as well as international. I always looked forward attending this Ballroom Dance class. It's like an exercise or a mini get-away from the hectic classes and assignments. I learned waltz, quickstep, foxtrot, cha cha, swing and a bit of tango. Instructor said man play the lead role in Ballroom Dance, and woman just follow the lead, simple rite ? Viola - of course I got an 'A' for this class ...... I met my first American host family in this Ballroom class. While I was dancing with her, we talked about our background, I shared my wish of learning American cultures.....she instantly offered herself as my host family, later, she and her family gave/moved a single-size bed, sofa, study table, coffee tables into my little apartment (hmm, I'll blog more on them later ...especially since Easter is around ).

Third semester, I enrolled in Advanced Ballroom Dance. I supposed I enjoyed dancing, the passion was there....along with music, no matter who the partner was (we rotated partners in a circle) - the flow, the dance just came naturally..... and this subject was an easy one for me. (this was also one of the trick to maintain high CGPA , hehehe). Gosh, after the movie, I really have the urge to dance again, it's been such a long long time I did a Ballroom Dance. I'm too rusty now, forgotten the steps ....but it shouldn't be a problem to re-polish ... may be while I was driving home one of this days or when I'm stuck in a terrible traffic jam, I may experience the same scenario as Richard Gere, one who was tired of the routine life, suddenly, he saw J Lo at the Dance Studio while he was in the LRT, caught his attention, and attracted him to step into the Dance Studio ........

No comments: