- At 9:35 am, on the way to work , slowed down and took an exit ...
- Suddenly felt car 'floating' , lost control - swayed left and right ( no 'bang' sound leh )
- Bahija calmly tried to turn the wheel - to stay straight
- Timing was so Great - it was red light. So I stopped, put on hand break, walked out from car to see what happened. The 'thing' which hit me from the back and side - was a huge truck - 12 wheelers fully covered truck ( seem like it came from Port Klang )
- Bahija couldn't see the driver, the truck was huge, he was sitting high up - couldn't see him. Knocked on the door - he didn't reply ...
- Witnesses around me - showed hand sign languages - asked me to note down the truck information
- Bahija walked back to the car, written down the licence plate no , and the 1-800 adu number
- When light turned green, I followed him at the back , wasn't sure what to do , to follow him, or to give up ...
- After the right turn, suddenly saw a traffic police just finished summoned one motorcylist. ( To me, it was like God sent me an angel - hehe )
- Bahija quickly parked her car by the road side, reported to the traffic officer
- Traffic officer quickly jumped onto his bike, turned back and re-confirmed the license plate no , and zzzzooommm - he went
- Bahija then locked and waited inside her car while waiting for the traffic policeman. During that quiet moment, Bahija baru in shocked. Heart beat pumping fast, hand shaking, gementar feeling. I calmed down and had a prayer - Thank God that I was safe, no one was hurt.
- After 15 mins, traffic police came back, passed me a small piece of paper with the driver's details, including the company name and address. He asked me to go make a police report - very well mannered - responsible policeman - TQ Kapl Kamar :)
- At 5:30 pm, I made the report. Quite impressed with the police officers and the quick process. Tak ada result yet - have to wait for the other party to report within 24 hrs
Today, I found out the impact of being 'knocked softly' by a huge truck running at 20 km/hr ...it wasn't a real 'bang' hit , my little car already out of control , like a boat floating in wavy sea. I truly Give Thanks for the protection. If there were a wall or motorcyclist or car or someone next to me, I would have hit the object or got myself killed, thing just happened in sub-seconds and i wasn't in control, very dangerous. I suspected the driver could be using handphone or day dreaming or sleepy or something ... a small little move could have brought injuries to others. Like my case, I was obediant, driving on my lane, slowing down as I aproached exit and traffic lights junction , suddenly 'monster' came from back - how la to predict .....isn't life so fragile ?
I went to make a report, in my mind - I wanted the guy to realize his mistake and not to repeat this careless mistake. However, the 'siasat' session with the sarjan - I just felt that the reasonable doubt wasn't on my side....Msia traffic rules in favor of hitting from back, plus I felt a little bit of prejudice on lady driver ( my own judgment, I dun think I'm in those typical 'dumb lady driver club' ) - I could sensed that Sarjan thought I was on the middle lane and suddenly drove to right lane, then kena hit by the truck which was coming straight on the right lane :( , plus Sarjan said I didn't have witnesses - alamak ...
I was perfectly 100% on my lane - didn't do wrong .... May the truth speaks for itself. I'm truly blessed for being able to return home safely lah :) - tu yang most important .......