Tuesday, April 14, 2009

movie alone .....

Years ago, Bahija blogged about not able to go movie alone ...she only did that while she's out of town or overseas.... this is not true anymore, haha...perhaps aging process made her less 'thick face' ....tonight , Bahija watched a movie alone, it's quite a relaxing moment, simply because I didn't have to arrange with others , check who has time to watch, when to watch , wait for others, then dinner or drinks - if I were to go with a gang, the total movie time will probably take the whole night .... now I did it alone, at my convenient time .....Tonight, I seorang in the cinema watching a movie all by myself, kind of cool ....It's an international series, a lebanese movie titled 'Caramel' , a movie about a few women surrounding a Beirut beauty salon....eye opening for me , as I've never watched a Lebanese movie, didn't know that their language mixed with French punya , I only know caramel is used in dessert, it's a wax agent lah , in our country , the indian or some chinese folks use thread as threading - remove hairs from the face or eyebrow, in Lebanon, they use caramel, interesting. I also learned about 'vaginoplasty' ..haaa.... Some review said "Life for these women is not easy or especially fair, and each of them faces moments of humiliation, loneliness and potential heartbreak. But in the best melodramatic tradition, their toughness, good humor and loyalty see them through".... This AR smsed me, said hope I won't be like Aunt Rose, the seamstress ..... aii, the ending last scene hit me hard, of course I also hope that won't happen to me 'that way' .... wonder if I have any choice ......

2 comments:

Anti-Ringgit said...

So you are aunt Rose in the movie???!!! See la apa pahala yang engkau dapat from being aunt Rose!

rotitelur said...

I did that few times when I was in HK. I like it but somehow people thought I was weird and a loner.