Monday, May 29, 2006

fortunate kids

When I was small, I had no toys or 'masak' ....mum always put us inside a box to play ...I wondered what we play with huh ? may be we makan angin, day dream, eye contact kuah. Once mum brought me to wet market, I remembered that day very well, because that was the day I received my first 'masak' set - which had a pot, pan, bowls, cups, teapot --treasure ! hmm hmm, this is why Bahija tak suka toys, as I didn't grow up with toys lah , kesian nyaaaaaaaa

My niece and nephews from HK sent me their wish list, so went to check out - conclusion is next generation are so lucky ..the games they play - so advanced, their toys are changgih ... I spent a few hundreds for 3 items. I learned who is Janice and Jill ( the HK pop star now ) , also know how or where to buy PSP now ( at first thought people cheating me as the price is so expensive ) ... some folks told me that they as parents jimat-cermat tak erti spend, buy shoe also cheap2, all their money goes to the children - children get branded shoes, games etc...not easy to be a parent now , be able to teach the kids to appreciate things, not to be materialistic , not to be influenced by peers .....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray that, if we have our own kid(s), we can be able to teach them to appreciate people & things, not to be materialistic , not to be influenced by peers. They need to learn to view themselves as how God sees them and not how their peers see them. Parents always fall into the trap that if their kids do not get the same or better things that other kids have, their kids will grew up to be less confident. We must teach them that in God's eyes, their are beautifully and specially created. For parents, this is easier said than done.

Kancil said...

I agree with Dockers' pant. Appreciate what we are having now.