Thursday, November 18, 2010

a real life issue for counseling .....

Bahija is actively googling, reading, reseaching on the various counseling techniques - namely Person-centered theory, Gestalt theory, Cognitive Behaviour theory etc etc etc .... Yea- DEC 4- that's the FreeDom Day ( the end of my class !! ) - I happily plan for celebration activities :) - can't wait ,haha. Till then, I have to suffer a little bit now , to get my paper and to sit for the oral counseling exam. The truth is, we are using these different techniques in our lives, for example, according to Cognitive Behaviour theory, human nature has both rational and irrational thoughts, our own thoughts and the way we interpret the thoughts determined our behaviour and emotions. The technique here is to change the irrational thoughts into positive rational thoughts, for example, "when my colleague got her promotion", if my thought is irrational, I would be jealous, then my behaviour could be 'saying harsh words about her' ... Likewise, if I am rational, I should congratulate her and go enjoy a free meal - muahaha. I believe most of us are applying these 'self' thingy on our daily life , self-acceptance, self-awareness, self-improvement etc etc ..... My exam is on Dec 4, I need to think of a topic or scenario for my counseling.....hmmm - i am thinking 'Why am I not exercising to reduce my weight issues ? why why why ? ( this is real issue la , Bahija is so MALAS , expanded to XL size already , still MALAS to exercise, how la ) .... what's my underlying issue ? lack of discipline ? lack of motivation ? lack of time - this is a BS though I love to say it .... why why why ?

1 comment:

Anti-Ringgit said...

it's not lack of anything, u hv everything, that's the issue, u dun see it's important anymore to lose weight because u can afford to. let's say ..if u dun lose weight now, tomorrow your heart will stop, your perspective change, anything around u became less important. so it's a choice whether you see it's your priorities!