Tuesday, May 12, 2009

differences

when I looked back at my life so far , I realized I usually hang out with female, my closet friends are all female usually ....right now, my working partners are 3 gentlemen. I started to observed the way they handle things, they way they react to situations ....it's good to know, because we are just 2 different spices, I'm still trying to learn how to work with men, how to communicate well with men. My partner, his dad is 77 yrs old. just 3 weeks ago , admitted to hospital, after all the scans, confirmed cancer... my partner is the 2nd son, he has 1 elder brother and 1 younger brother, just 3 sons in the family... after the tiring trips back and forth the hospitals and home town , he's back to work , still trying to settle his aging parent at kampung - it's time to think of alternatives, he cannot leave the 2 old folks living by themselves at the kampung.... when he shared his experiences, and the alternatives he wants to propose to his parent... I can sense that son and daughter react differently, somehow deep in my heart , it's good to have a daughter, female is more caring, and connect better with parent ( i think or at least for most of them kua ). Men indeed is logical , if then else with logic - then move forward. Women has more 'emotional' values, perhaps more sentimental ...this is just my 2 cents, of course not all are like this :) ....
While discussing with him, my brain juice also prompted me to start thinking about my mum and teddy bear , life is like this la , while my niece got her JPA scholarship, she's going to University , her Ah Yee me , is also aging and goin to mid-life stages , her grandma aka my mum lagi aging, she's so tiny now ( sudah kecut ) , my teddy bear is also aging ... there are many things to worry actually ... this topic is not new to me, been in my mind since I was young, am I ready for the chaotic moment one day , obviously NOT , given a choice - of course I wish mum and teddy bear live well & healthy forever ....yet I also learn that I can't stress myself on this 'yet' or why worry on something that I don't have a solution 'yet' .... for me, most important is try to cherish the moments I can have now .....

1 comment:

MG said...

aii.. i know how you feel about middle age thingy...
After my birthday, I have been feeling kind blue.. and it just gets bluer and bluer...