Thursday, January 01, 2009

Financial management

Today it's a fruitful day for me, a great start for the year .... Sanguine Queen introduced a new friend to me. This financial guru , I'll call him HMK. HMK shared a lot of personal experiences. Some of them are common sense, we probably have read them many times from newspaper, magazines or even the investment books such as Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Public Mutual investment book etc etc .... we really should be diciplined , take some time out , sit down and work on our own individual excel sheet - to find out how much is our yearly expenses ? how much do we need for retirement ? how are we goin to start prepare for it ? If we never plan for it , it will not happen ..... financial management is a core activity each and everyone of us should do, it's just like a company , before year end closing - there's ledger balancing, closing etc , then P/L profit / loss sheet , then budget planning, business plans etc .. Tonight , I took the time , prepared my yearly expenses , what a shock ... I'm admitted to ICU already , need to see ICU doctor, so that I can move back to normal ward pretty soon...

Now, I'm telling myself "If I fail to plan, I'll fail to save , and eventually I'll fail for my retirement plan too ...."

HMK - you really rock ! a kind passionate soul who is willing to share his experiences and knowledge , plus his self-created tools. Sanguine and Bahija are so glad that one of our wish is granted, to meet a financial-savy friend :) - Thank You Lord ...

No comments: