Monday, February 20, 2006

courtesy

Every year, Bahija attends a yearly CNY gathering with the i-kei's senior folks. I'm the youngest, most of them are way older than me, and senior managers in i-kei or in another company. This year, the organizer asked me to help by sending emails to all the folks. 1.5 weeks before CNY - I sent out the details. They are working in IT companies, all of them cannot live a day without 'emailing'. Yet, for 1.5 weeks - no one replied to me on their availability..... On the gathering day, I received 2 emails from 2 of my favourite seniors that they couldn't make it. I then cancelled the gathering. After I sent the cancellation email - I received a few 'angry' emails from the senior manages - that they were looking forward to attending the dinner and were dissappointed....there I was , felt cool and replied to those folks - saying that 'none of you confirmed your attendance until I called off the dinner'.......... I don't care if they are senior managers , they have no courtesy to respect my time, my effort. Silence doesn't tell me that they are available. I care less about them, it is absolutely not worth of my time to entertain these folks .....

2 comments:

Ringgit Me said...

This reminds me of what Habibi said about "Respect"... Hehehehehe... Maybe this blog should be titled "Respect" instead of "Courtesy".

Anonymous said...

I think your 2 favourite mentors are same as mine :p They are super nice people.