Monday, July 11, 2011

Bahija on air on BFM

Bahija was invited to BFM radio station, for a pre-recording session. I was invited as a caretaker for my epileptic brother, so I got a short air time to share my caretaker experience on my brother la ( on air ) ....it was very cool for me, at the same time, also very 'kat cheong' la , to me, I could have said better things la, but it's over , great memories. After the BFM session, the neurologist belanja I lunch, was very blessed to be able to spend 1 hour with the doctor. Of course being me - the kiasu sister, I always took opportunity to squeeze in my questions about my brother la ....doctor again told me, he reminded me years ago that medication will not work well for my brother, who has severe brain damaged. I challenged him and said "If there is a chance to improve his quality of life , such as reducing his seizure frequency, I will try my best to go for it...even though he is mentally challenged, he still deserve a better life ...." I felt like I was being prophesized over the lunch. Dr somehow said that everyone has a life purpose on earth, my brother is brought to this world having this epilepsy as well as mentally challenged, perhaps his purpose is just as simply as being who he is now , so that the people surrounding him can be affected. Dr said I am the one who gain the most, who learn more from him .... Wow, at that moment, it's too philosophical...but after some thought, it's true to some extents, thru him, indeed, I am a different person. I didn't tell him my side of story, here I want to say it out loud , thru my brother, not only do I gain something, I suppose I also give up a lot of things in my personal life ..... so it's complicated, hahahaha. Nevertheless, something is stirring within me , I don't know how the future will be for me .... but hope to walk thru it positively and END WELL. My pastor always said people tends to start well, but how many can end well .... I hope I make it to the 'end well' category, it's not easy .......

2 comments:

Lily Riani said...

i have soooo many nice thoughts and comment, but i rather tell you personnaly cos i think you deserve a hug too :)

Majid Ali said...

Please for humanity's sake please do it once
I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.
What you have to do is follow these simple steps

1.go to Google.com and search "Kwotz-Golden Words of Life"
2.then visit my blog from the the search results.
3.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
4. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from ADBoxes and visit there.
5.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
and that's it.

IMPORTANT:DO NOT visit the blog directly. Visit through google or my twitter account. Only ONE click is needed.
I will be grateful to you.
I really need your help