Monday, June 15, 2009

house values

I found some brochures dated back in 1992 - 1994, those were the house brochure my brother collected years ago. They were Sime UEP projects - which is USJ area now. Back then, the price for brand new double storey link houses 20' x 60' = RM 112,888 , 22' x 75' = RM 143,888. freehold land, interest rate BLR + 1.25 ( 9.50 %). Today, after 15 years, the Sime UEP USJ area is already a crowded, well developed area, with good amenities as well. The second hand values starts from RM250k and above. I invested mine in year 2000, up to last month - I always commented that I did a wrong investment, though I am contented with what I have. Now, I think back, with RM200k , I can never be able to buy a landed property in Klang Valley liow. My house is RM300k after 9 years. Since I'm renting it out , it's a passive income, a good debt. For my portfolio and lifestyle, it's not a bad investment decision :) , because when I've cash on hand, my hands get gatal, I'll spend lavishly on things that I don't need....so forcing myself to 'kong' house , to own a tangible property which 'may' hedge against inflation is wiser. HeHeHe .....

1 comment:

Kiasu-Ching said...

so kaya! tak pa la nanti can sell and make more money!